Add to Cart to see our Best Price!
The Yamaha 2000 Watt EF2000iSv2 incorporates a completely new controller with advanced programming, allowing the EF2000iSv2 the ability to power a much wider range of applications. It weighs in at 44.1 pounds, making it easily portable. Among the quietest portable generators in its class, the EF2000iSv2 features
Smart Throttle technology which allows greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction.
- Fuel Petcock ‐ Prevents stale gas problems and gummed‐up carburetors.
- Fuel Gauge ‐ Allows quick fuel level inspection without turning off the unit and removing the fuel cap.
- Smart Throttle™ ‐ Varies engine speed based on load, improving fuel economy as well as reducing noise and engine wear.
- Electrical Overload Breaker – Prevents generator damage, in case of overload.
- Oil Watch Warning System ‐ Prevents engine damage caused by low oil, avoiding costly repairs and minimizing down time, adding customer confidence and peace‐of‐mind.
- TwinTech™ – Hook up two EF2000iSv2 generators for up to 30 amps of maximum power (requires accessory TwinTech II or Sidewinder cable, available for purchase).
1. What's the difference between the older model EF2000is and the new EF2000isV2?
The redesigned EF2000is has a new controller board which will allow you to run the generator at the maximum AC Output for a longer period of time before overloading. The maximum AC output is 2000 watts. The older version of the EF2000(is) will only run for 20 seconds at maximum AC output before the overload circuit trips. The new EF2000isV2 will run for up to 13 minutes before the overload circuit trips. The major benefit will allow you to run more appliances that cycle like Air Conditioners, or refrigerators which require more power upon startup to run at the same time. Simply stated, you now have a true 2000 watt generator.
2. Can I parallel the new EF2000isV2 model with an older EF2000iS?
Yes, you can connect the different models together, however in parallel the V2 controller board will operate like the older model. Maximum AC output will not operate for up to 13 minutes.