The 2800 Watt EF2800i weighs 68 pounds, making it the lightest generator in its class. Among the quietest portable generators in its class (64-67 dBA), the EF2800i features Smart Throttle which allows greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction. It will run up to 15 hours at ¼ rated load on a tank of gas. With features such as visible Fuel Gauge, Protective Frame, and an Oil Watch Warning System, the EF2800i is a great medium-range inverter!
- The EF2800i weighs just 68 pounds, making it the lightest generator in its class. The key is the multi-pole rotor with a small stator. This design is smaller and lighter than a conventional two-pole alternator with a large stator—and it helps make the EF2800i extremely portable.
- With the EF2800i, Yamaha has created one of the quietest generators in its class (64-68 dBA). Our engineers looked at the total design, and then made changes where they would be most effective: engine operating speed, intake noise, exhaust noise, and valve train noise.
- The EF2800i—with its inverter system—features Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) so wavelength distortion is less than 2.5 percent, making it ideal for equipment that requires stable frequency and voltage, such as computers or other sophisticated electronics.
- Yamaha’s Smart Throttle feature automatically adjusts engine speed to match the load. The result is quiet running, maximum fuel efficiency, and a run time of 14.7 hours at ¼ rated load.
- Yamaha’s Oil Watch Warning System prevents engine damage, avoiding costly repairs and minimizing down time.
- Lightweight, easy to carry design ‐ Compact lightweight alternator reduces weight to 27.9 lb., the lightest weight in its class.
- Inverter system with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control ‐ Can power computers, or computer-controlled electric tools or devices.
- Smart Throttle ‐ Improves fuel economy and reduces noise.
- Multi-pole alternator ‐ Excellent power output to weight ratio.
- GFCI (Ground Fault Interrupter Circuit) ‐ Helps reduce the risk of shock.
- OHV engine ‐ Improved efficiency, increased reliability quieter operation.
- Cast iron cylinder lining ‐ Provides long engine life and consistent performance during continuous use.
- Oil Watch Warning System ‐ Prevents engine damage, avoiding costly repairs and minimizing down time.
- USFS-approved spark arrestor ‐ Reduces chance of fire caused by an errant spark.
- Noise suppressor ‐ Reduces electrical interference with TVs and radios.
- Specially designed muffler ‐ Reduces noise and weight.
- AC non-fuse thermal circuit breaker ‐ Added durability and peace of mind.
- 12-volt DC output ‐ Recharge 12 volt batteries for RV, auto, marine, etc.
- Open frame design ‐ Provides a lighter weight and large gasoline capacity.
- EPA & CARB Emission Engine Life Rating ‐ Yamaha generators have the longest emission engine life ratings issued by the environmental Protection Agency and the California Air Resources Board.
- Factory Warranty ‐ Covers the entire generator for defects in parts and workmanship for three (3) years.
- 50 state legal ‐ Meets emission regulations, including CARB.
Inverter or Generator? What is the difference?
Yamaha Versus the Competition - WHY YAMAHA?
How to choose the right size Generator.